International Tourism Management
Our International Tourism Management master’s degree is a full semester workload taught in English (semester 10 / 30 ECTS) - with double diploma possibilities -, up-to-the-minute mix of specialist lectures, interactive seminars and case-studies in real-life projects for major tourism operators.
(Semesters 7 and 8 are taught in French + English +German/Italian/Spanish, semester 9 is spent abroad)
With the I.T.M. transformative experience, high-flyers develop their management competences, soft skills and agility, to become tomorrow’s top tourism managers :
- Acquire full comprehension and command of what is at stake in both Public sector and Private businesses to form efficient Partnerships in tourism.
- Develop yourself, develop your own work methodology and think adaptively to reach expertise, experience and exceed your own expectations.
- Bloom internationally, appreciate cultural differences so as to comprehend the lastest trends and turn the multicultural challenges of an ambiguous and volatile environment into opportunities.
- Meet and join the industry on real consulting projects and missions, network efficiently to eventually thrive in the world of tourism on rewarding positions with high responsibilities.
ITM graduates become :
- Tourism business opportunities assessment consultants
- Public Private Partnership program managers
- Worldwide & multicultura team leaders
- Travel & trade development / marketing managers
- Strategic membership partnership & alliance office managers
- International meetings, incentives, conferences & exhibition coordinators
- Cross border tourism project managers
- Heads of travel innovation, R&D
ITM's course leader is an associate professor with extensive professional network in the tourism sector.Visit the university website
University: IAE Savoie Mont Blanc Duration: 1 English-taught Semester in Savoie (sem.10) Country & city: France Chambéry Degree: Master
The Study Programme
Consumer trend’s intelligence (3 ECTS) : investigate current consumer trends that will impact and shape consumption trends in years to come through the sociological and psychological dimensions of the underpinning foundations of tourism trends.
Digital Strategy & English project (6 ECTS) : Discover how the digital economy acts as a catalyst at the core of business transformation (disintermediation phenomena) and get strong skills on leading innovative and coherent digital strategy by developing a complete business digital model mission for a real company.
City tourism optimization (5 ECTS) : Get involved in a business challenge for OnlyLyon (DMO of Lyon) to provide concrete, realistic and actionable answers to really improve the tourist's felt experience thanks to experiential marketing and digital technologies, after benchmarking several other international destinations.
E-travel management & marketing (4 ECTS) : In partnership with Mme Vacances (residencial industry leader), get involved in a real life mission to develop business activity, average basket and loyalty program through an optimized digital strategy. This includes attending ITB Berlin, the world’s leading travel trade show & exhibition to attend conferences by decision makers, industry experts and buyers.
ITMN online management game (2 ECTS) : Through this contest with various universities in the world, run your respective tourism “companies”, make business decisions (finance, marketing, HRM, CRM, strategic planning…) and compete for resources as well as customers in the same market in order to deliver business results.
Event management concept (2 ECTS) : Explore principles and practices of managing medium- and large- scale events including festivals, conventions, concerts, shows, sporting events, and ceremonies. It emphasizes strategic event design, organization and planning communications, personnel, and security as well as evaluation and innovation.
Internship and academic report (6 ECTS) : minimum 5 months (Apr.-Sept.) in tourism management (Master’s level managerial responsabilities) + writing a dissertation-report (mémoire) in English respecting academic research methodology.
German, Spanish, Italian, FLE Project (2 ECTS) : Develop your linguistic skills thanks to tourism applications.
IAE Savoie Mont Blanc
Send a question
Send a questions directly to IAE Savoie Mont Blanc